Sunday, September 07, 2008

Frog!!



Okay, I don’t mind frogs, I actually think the little ones are kind of cute - I like hearing their little croaks & chirps and they are cute when they live outside. We had one a few years ago that lived in our hose reel box - for months - it was dark & shady & moist & we could visit him & then forget about him. But when they are in my bedroom - I don't think they're so cute! 3 times in the past 3 days I have had this frog (I think it's the same one) sneak into my bedroom via the air conditioner. There's a little gap around it and this little tree frog sneaks in and sits on my windowsill. The first time I wasn't sure what I was looking at til I got closer - then I yelped - and then my mother in law & the girl helped me relocate it outside via a little box over the top & a piece of cardboard underneath. We put him outside in the garden by the soaker hose & watched him - Then he jumped - both the girl & I screamed and ran back in the house. That was Thursday after work.

Friday night I'm getting ready for bed and there he was again!! On the window sill. We tried to catch him, but he crawled under the air conditioner. I'm freaking out so hubby blocked it so it stayed underneath the airconditioner - towards the outside - with a hanger, so that froggy couldn't jump into our room & this morning he was gone. I've suddenly developed a very squeamish attitude towards frogs!! I'm scared it's going to jump on me when I'm sleeping!!!

Then AGAIN Saturday afternoon, he's BACK!! Once again I scream and this time he is again caught & relocated, this time to the front yard - in hopes that this location will take him longer to find the backyard & my windowsill again!!! We haven't even had the AC on, but tonite - need it or not - it's on - in hopes that the noise will scare the frogs away. I hope it works!! I'm about ready to take down the air conditioner and we probably can use it up for the rest of the month!


(the frog in the photo is not our actual frog... I did snap a picture of him by the hose, but it wasn't very clear....)

2 comments:

Mamacraw said...

I love little froggies - but agree, they shouldn't be in the house! Reminds me of Shawn's mom's experience not long after they moved to Bend: She was snoozing on the couch one evening waiting for the late night news and awoke to find several little baby froggies on the living room floor - came in through a hole in the weatherstripping around the patio door! She thought she was dreaming it!

jennyv said...

I wouldn't be too happy about that, but it could be worse. Snakes & spiders come to mind :-) Does this mean you'll have to steer clear of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?